Sunday, April 3, 2011

PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE: MS fundraising walk/Rose Bowl/Pasadena

When I approached the Rose Bowl for my morning walk I was surprised by lines of traffic. I did a U turn to avoid being stuck in my car, then parked several blocks away, curiosity propelling me toward the crowd. The monthly flea market is always the second Sunday so this couldn't be that. First I saw tents and then thousands of folks assembled for the walk for MS. Families of those affected with the disease as well as those suffering from it in varying stages were all there to join the event. It swept me up with that urge to merge with everyone around me. . . and filled me with resolve to look into volunteering once I'm back to Boston.
For some of these Pasadena ladies, Strutters for Change, today was their seventh year of joining the MS walk in honor of their friends with MS.
Walking to support an uncle with MS
Some more scenes from the event:




No comments:

Post a Comment