Monday, October 5, 2009

Some more Aesthetics of Decay . . .

My friend Nancy and I found this century-old brick building that faces onto the channel that touches Charlestown on one side and the edge of the North end on the other side. Atop the building was what appeared to be a developer's banner with the name Love Channel Wharf or something like that. Sorry I can't remember it, but the building was surely weeping from its abandonment and neglect in spite of its location so close to North Station. And very much in need of some serious love. I took these few photos on Friday to give you a sense of grief about this building's plight. If I were independently wealthy or were connected to someone who was, I would, in a heartbeat, push to turn this behemoth structure into artist/writer studio residences and would claim my spot on the top floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment