Tuesday, January 12, 2010

one, one, one, one, oh

Nothing remarkable to report tonight except all the ones in today's date 1/11/10. Just got back from my first walk in weeks. The first day my lingering cold didn't force me into my pajamas way before my bed time. I made it to the library and back. All the decorations and frantic activity I saw Christmas Eve have vanished. Instead sombre streets stretched on for blocks and blocks with a few silhouettes of heads dining in restaurants. Starting over. Back to reality.
Wish I had a neat picture to post....

All of a sudden the building's fire alarm sounded. It's happened before when someone pulls down the breaker for a prank...I'm gonna take a look and I'll get back to you....hopefully the place isn't burning down!

As I was saying, nothing remarkable except the great firemen from Station 15 on Boylston street across from the Prudential center who were on the scene by the time I got to the lobby. Moments later they shut off the alarm once it was clear that someone whose food was burnt had opened his apartment door to get rid of the smoke and it tripped the alarm! A quiet Monday night turned into a little photo op to get this blog moving again. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment