Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Catch-Up Blog Posting Feb 9-21

A view from yesterday's hike in the Altadena hills

A lot has happened before and after my Feb 14 posting. Each day I think I'm going to make an entry but the day slips by without having done so. There's a posting for Feb. 12 about LA's Magic Castle that slipped behind a later one because it didn't go on line until today and you can back track to that one on click on the link above to bring you there. Tonight I'm assembling a summary posting to catch up on some of the highlights of the last several days—four of which I spent visiting my brother and sister-in-law in Seattle.

February 9/Evening/Opening night of Jane Fonda in 33 Variations. Cher was there, too, but I never caught a glimpse of her. Though brother Peter was in the audience. Great show, breathtaking set. Sorry, no pictures allowed.

I took this shot just before the performance began. The movable set served as walls composed of sheet music suspended from clips on wires. Each piece of paper had notes on it yet together they served as a larger screen onto which images could be projected. This gave me lots of ideas about how to display art work in residences, too. Each "wall" of music was on wheels and could be angled to create new scenery and alter the movements on stage.

Scenes from Seattle: February 16-20

Looking at the moon from Jay and Raku's "moon room" in their Bellevue WA home.


Rated as one of the world's 10 best restaurants, Din Tai Fung in the Lincoln Square Mall in Bellevue provided a feast of Dim Sum complete with a view into the kitchen crowded with dumpling makers.

Detail of a giant chandelier in the mall of Lincoln Square, Bellevue

On my way to Gate A6 in the Seattle airport terminal, I passed 4 mosaic columns, each one with its own theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment