Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring in Boston? Almost, but not quite . . .

Today was warm and yet there were still cool breezes and I needed my down vest to be sure I didn't get chilled. I collected these images over the last three days which spanned bright sun with very cold air, followed by a little warmer air each day. I especially like the not-quite-spring image of the guy with summer shorts and bare legs on the bottom half and his ski jacket on the top. I was grateful that the boiler was still firing up in my building that day when I got back from my walk. Pretty soon things will change almost overnight and it will be time to drag out last year's air conditioner,  prop it in the window, and hope it takes me through however many heat waves are in store. Speaking of "waves," I've included a shot from the ocean of Red Sox Nation fans who flowed past my window for opening day at Fenway on Monday.
We know it's spring when the bikes appear.

Californians get this year round
but for us it's a treat even if we have to keep the coats on.







2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. It's an invitation to slow down and love the little things around us. Ira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ira....I'm sure seeing these images of Boston brings back memories for you when you lived in Cambridge all those years ago. Glad you're enjoying my blog. db

      Delete