Wednesday, September 16, 2009

On the cusp of change . . . summer to fall

Before I had a chance to post some summery pictures from this weekend's explorations, the cold wind was blowing through me, whispering the sounds of long winter's approach. I'm not ready yet! I just got my air conditioner in the window less than a month ago. The icy gray sky and buildings all blended together into a monochrome of what's ahead. Still, I came home from my walk through this new season invigorated. Here are some pictures that go from gray back to summer.

On my walk to the Kendall, I encountered the sounds of steel drums, floats, fanciful costumes from the Caribbean festival.
Before walking to East Cambridge, I took a stroll through the Fenway Victory Gardens to take in the Fens annual celebration party/cookout. Olga (below) was the winner of the Best Spring Color for her garden plot. She's been gardening at the Fenway Victory Gardens for over 15 years.




Coming back to today's windy walk, here's a bit of "fall cleaning" I caught outside the Eliot Hotel on the corner of Mass. Ave. and Commonwealth Ave.

No comments:

Post a Comment