Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My feet think I'm at the beach . . .

Yesterday when I ventured outside for a walk I broke the spell of being officially snowbound. As I was walking with my Yak Trax cleats I noticed that even along the sidewalk my feet were getting more exercise, more massaging than I would normally when walking cleatless on a flat surface. Wobbling through the heavy snow it felt like walking through a sand dune or deep mushy sand at the beach. Today since it was a balmy 30 degrees I ventured out again around 4 p.m. as the light was beginning to fade. When I got to the Mass Ave bridge I saw that the path was totally like deep sand and opted out of that to walk along the river. Here are some shots from that. My camera which has been dropped and abused over the years decided to freeze on me and I had feared that I had lost all the images. But sure enough they were all there and the lens finally went back inside the camera body once I entered my cozy, overheated apartment.
Like walking in deep sand with the bottoms of my feet purring even though they were inside my boots

A tiny spot on the Charles under the Mass Ave bridge along one of its supports



The entire Charles River was a blanket of uninterrupted white.

How deep? Deep enough to cover the benches.


1 comment: