Monday, February 9, 2015

Yak Trax Walker gets me moving again

I love snow days. But after too many of them I get into a snow daze. I feel my body expanding and my mind shrinking from not enough oxygen. My friend Claire who lives in the wilds of Maine challenged me today to get myself walking again. She said, "Go get some of those cleats you put onto the bottoms of your shoes."  I admitted to having a pair I bought years ago but never liked because whenever I used them there was hardly ever any snow on the sidewalks. Not so today. I rummaged through my closet and uncovered my hardly used Yak Trax Walkers for which I had paid $19.95 at least five years ago. Too many days in my pajamas was catching up with me. I got dressed and threw the cleats onto the bottom of my shoes and out I went. Much more confident than the last few days, these things really work to give me the kind of grip that the normal soles don't. Here they are and here's a few shots of what I saw along Boylston Street today.


















No comments:

Post a Comment