Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A day for the details . . .


At this point I've got a back log of images and mini stories to mount, but this morning's walk inspired me to show you some of what I've seen over the last couple of hours. I'll save yesterday's images for a rainy day. In other words, you should be seeing them soon enough.

I love the way the green resists the grid and how even the grid has its imperfections.

Can you see the owls? How many of them can you see? Click on the image and you'll see more.

The Aesthetics of Decay:
one of my favorite topics

This is a close up of one of the painted numbers of the Smoots markings on the Mass Ave Bridge.

I found this patina of rust and ruin on one of the walkway railings that span Storrow Drive.

And for another grid, I like to think of this picture as:
"There is a place for everything and everything in its place."

And one last image for today: The Perfect Oval as seen walking along Ipswich Street as I crossed the Muddy River toward Fenway and looked to the left. Perfect geometry in nature.




No comments:

Post a Comment