Saturday, July 4, 2009

Declarations of Independence!


Today celebrates the official birth of our nation, but everyday we see around us demonstrations of independent thought, not always welcomed. As a transition from the last post about T-shirts, I thought I'd begin with this Scandanavian typ0 for T-shirts (above) and follow it with the boldness of some graffiti, both intentional (an image sent by Michael from Luxembourg)


and accidental. The "totem" poles (really the street lamp poles along the Mass Avenue bridge) that are repeatedly used to post information are what I'd call an Urban Accidental Graffiti while the walls of buildings adorned with intentional comments abound if you just look up, or down, or sideways.


For images more in keeping with what you might expect around Boston, I'm also including some shots from last night's crowd for the "dress rehearsal" at the Hatch Shell. By the time I got there at 7:30 p.m. it was impossible to gain admission to the main lawn in front of the Hatch Shell so I contented myself with these shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment